If you want to close pores that are clogged with excess oil or impurities in a lasting and effective way, you should use products that are adapted to your skin type and specific to your concern, i.e. products for enlarged pores. Astringent and purifying products are the most recommended!
We give you a rundown on the right things to do before and during moisturising because more than just using a dilated pore creamTo tighten your pores, you need a new skincare routine that will purify them and rebalance your skin.
What causes large pores?
The skin is an organ in its own right and to function, it needs to breathe. The pores allow it to breathe, to perspire and to let sebum through the sebaceous glands. Sometimes, however, the pores can become more dilated. Often, the areas most affected are those in the T-zone (lower forehead, nose, chin) and sometimes in the extension of the cheeks.
Everyone's skin looks different, depending on their lifestyle and hormone levels. So men are more often affected by large pores. Men's skin is thicker than women's and therefore more affected. However, this does not mean that women are exempt. The enlarged pores can occur at certain times more than others, such as puberty, a new way of eating that is richer in fat and sugar, menstruation, during pregnancy, etc.
How to stop having large pores?
To fight against dilated pores of the face, the skin must first be purified. Double cleansing is therefore essential in order to limit excess sebum.
- Start by removing your make-up with PreCleanse Dermalogica to remove all greasy impurities, as grease attracts grease. The oil even regulates future oil production.
- The second step is the application of a second cleanser which will have a water base: you can choose a milk or a gel cleanser. This will begin to treat your skin problem. The Gentle Gel Cleanser Geranium & Bergamot, Grown Alchemist is perfect for clear skin and tight pores.
- Twice a week you can use an exfoliating lotion or powder like Facial Pore-Refining Powder 100% Niacinamide, Merme because it is the ideal gesture to erase all the small cutaneous defects, scars, small buttons and dilated pores pores that are too visible
What is the best way to remove pores on the face?
Contrary to popular belief, if your skin is combination or oily, it should still be moisturised. The right thing to do: use a skin care product that is adapted to your skin type and that is "non-comedogenic".
Before using a dilated pore creamyou can use a pore-fluidizing treatment such as the Face Gel Matte Susanne Kaufmann's Face Gel Matte is specially designed to fight shine, reduce blemishes and visibly tighten dilated pores. It can be used as a make-up base to fix the foundation or during the day to give mixed and oily skin a matt finish.
Afterwards, complete your routine by applying a dilated pore serumserum, the Anti-imperfections serum, Oh My Cream! The serum reduces imperfections, while reducing shine and tightening the skin texture thanks to the zinc it contains.
Finally, we finish with a regulating fluid, theClarifying Moisturizer, Tata Harper with a matte finish, which acts 360° on the factors responsible for imperfections to restore a clear and clarified skin.
What ingredient or essential oil to tighten enlarged pores?
Some ingredients are effective against this concern, here is a non-exhaustive list:
- Vegetable Oils Jojoba, Hazelnut, Macadamia, Sesame or Nigella.
- Essential Oils Lavender (officinal or aspic), Lemon (lemon essential oil is astringent and cleansing, its INCI name is Citrus limon peel oil), Rosemary verbenone, Palmarosa, Tea tree, Fragonia, Cistus, Cedar, Green myrtle, Niaouli or Rose Geranium.
- Hydrolats Lemon, Rose, Rosemary verbenone, Tea tree, Lavender, Savory, Sage or Witch Hazel.
- Clays Green clay or Rhassoul.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids or AHAs Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), such as glycolic acid and lactic acid, exfoliate your skin's surface to help brighten dull skin, smooth rough skin and reduce the appearance of enlarged pores. Regular use of AHAs dramatically improves skin's radiance and gives it a brighter, more even appearance.
With age and skin ageing, the skin tends to lose its tone, as the elasticity of the skin is less optimal. As a result of this slackening, pores become more visible. To regain a clear and radiant skin, use products rich in fruit acids (such as glycolic acid) or the resurfacing power of retinol.